April 20, 2012 § 18 Comments
The word ‘austere’ comes to mind… unadorned, unfussy, simple, unembellished.
But definitely not restrained. Look at the size of those pivoting glass doors??!! And then there’s that button tufted ottoman (or pouf…depending on where you’re from). It’s only 4 square meters (43 square feet) in size!
A few other highlights for me:
- Black wall in kitchen… so sharp! Yellow island goes without saying.
- Brazilian Teak exterior
- Polished concrete staircase
- Arcade game wall as art (1981 Galaga)… if you click on the architect’s website below, you too can play the arcade game!
- Placement of art throughout… unexpected and yet sensible
- ‘Who’s who’ of furniture icons sprinkled throughout (George Nelson, Gerrit T. Rietveld, Marcel Bruer and even a slew of Hans J. Wegner’s Wishbone Chair)
Architecture/Interiors: Studio Guilherme Torres