November 18, 2012 § 13 Comments
A day in beautiful Praha!
I’ve always been desperate to visit the Czech Republic’s capital city. So much so that I was starting to worry my expectations would not be met. But low and behold, Prague was so beautiful, so fanciful and so breathtaking… it really did not disappoint! I spent several days wandering the winding streets of Old Town, hiking up to the hilltop Prague Castle and eating street food like never before! Here’s just a glimpse of what I loved…
- Frank Gehry’s Dancing House – the singular ultra modern prototype
- Strolling along the Vitava River – a city with a river running through it means there must be beautiful bridges to cross
- The National Museum – and the start of historic Wenceslas Square
- Church of Our Lady Before Tyn – a landmark in Old Town Square
- Begging for hope in Jewish Town – one of my favourite areas in Prague
- Me having my first klobasa sausage, a slice of bread and that oh so special sauce – i think it was mustard!
- Doughy and delicious trdelnik – wrapped around a giant rolling pin and baked over open coals, coated with sugar! So good.
- A view from Prague Castle overlooking the city of a thousand spires – and the best illuminated buildings in Europe.
October 29, 2012 § 4 Comments
A few Instagram shots from my recent trip to Europe. 5 countries in 9 days! What a whirlwind of airports, trains, architecture, music, language and food! Amsterdam, Prague, Budapest, Vienna and Munich.
Not bad for a last minute trip, don’t you think?