July 1, 2012 § Leave a comment
May 6, 2012 § 9 Comments
Would it be strange to book a hotel room in your own city? ‘Staycations’ aside, I’ve always loved hitting the sights just like any newcomer or tourist… but never gone as far as to book a hotel room! This may have to change…
Some of those details include…
- Poliform lacquered walls… (sigh… beautiful)
- Open bookcases as dividers of space… (not a novel idea but one that should be used more often)
- Wood floors imbedded with cowhide inserts… (hello! that’s novel and they seem to be magnetic for some reason)
- Massive floating reception desk… (stunning)
- Contemporary artwork… (Damian Hirst…look him up)
- Excel, the large floor lamp seen throughout… (I want this in my living room right now)
April 25, 2012 § Leave a comment
I know what you’re thinking. I must be scraping the bottom of my design barrel. But I no longer ‘want’ this Umbra Penguin Soap Pump. Because I purchased it yesterday. ;)
Umbra is a Canadian company with 25,000 retailers in 75 countries around the world, focusing on everyday objects, made beautifully. Design is all around us… even in soap pumps.
Plus, it’s cute.
And the black one really does look like a penguin.
April 2, 2012 § Leave a comment
I’m not sure who was having more fun… these kids? Or me, following along with my lens? It brought back fond memories of my own childhood running around along the shores of Lake Ontario. Nice to see some things never change.
I also started playing around with Lightroom and love how you can really add or take away from a photograph (CN Tower’s disappearing act in the first photo as an example) without ever destroying the original. All three photographs were taken within minutes but I love how they all have a very different feel.