April 17, 2013 § 3 Comments
After several months of trial and error, testing and retesting, pondering and posturing…
I’m finally excited to launch my new website and blog! We’re moving!!
The new website is really about my life’s work to date, now under my own direction and interior design company (OG Design Studio). What better way to represent myself than to have my own company! So welcome one and all… for those followers who only know my blog posts, here’s an opportunity to see what I do when I’m not blogging (and if you’re very familiar with my blog, you’ll know that this other stuff has taken up much of my blogging time these past few months! Oopsy!).
The new website also incorporates my blog…still under the DESIGNCHICKEE name. It will be a continuation of this blog here but will also include a look into my daily activities with clients and contractors and suppliers. I’ll give you an insider’s look into what I’m working on, key renovation tips and everything that inspires me and (hopefully) motivates my clients. After all…
“Good art inspires. Good design motivates.” Otl Aicher
So please click and take a look… and do follow along! Subscribe to the new blog via email and you won’t miss a thing! I hope to see you all on the other side! :)
P.S. Everything else is staying the same…
June 25, 2012 § 13 Comments
I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award and the Kreative Blogger Award!
- Add the award to a blog post.
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you and include a link to their blog in your post.
- Mention 7 random things/facts about yourself.
- List the rules in your post.
- Give the award to 15 or 7 (respectively) other bloggers.
Dana Cristina and her blog (http://TheFashionTag.wordpress.com)… for awarding me the Versatile Blogger Award. I was so pleased about this because if you’ve ever had the pleasure of perusing her blog, you’ll know that she has a keen eye for everything cool and pretty and oh so covetable! I love it and you will too… so click the link and then click the Follow button. You won’t be disappointed!
My lovely new friend in the Land Down Under… Laura and her blog (http://AsTimeGoesBy.me) awarded me the Kreative Blogger Award and what a thrill coming from her. You can read and see her creativity in her posts as she works and reworks her wardrobe with charm and sophistication and humour. Plus, she’s just a down right sweetie. So click the link and then click the Follow button. You’ll find a new friend.
7 random things about me…
- My ‘Runner’s High’ only happens when I stop running. Go figure.
- I like eating Smarties and regular potato chips, together.
- I walked around the top of the CN Tower in what’s called EdgeWalk and loved every minute of it!
- I’m a self proclaimed Flexitarian… which means I’m vegetarian but make exceptions for bacon and prosciutto. :P
- I lived 4 years without the use of pulls on my kitchen cabinetry. You wouldn’t believe what a difference a knob makes!
- My favourite movie depends on my mood: The Departed or a Muppet Christmas Carol. :)
- I once had a pet named Speedy. He was supersonic.
List of Bloggers you need to look into… and because I’m nominating them for awards:
Sometimes I’m Such A Girl (Versatile)
1001 Scribbles (Kreativ)
The Unwitting Traveller (Versatile)
Joshi Daniel Photography (Kreativ)
Charming Trinity (Versatile)
Enjoy My Adventure (Kreativ)
Print and Pattern (Versatile)
Sadie & Dasie (Kreativ)
Peach, Plum, Orange (Versatile)
Trésors De Luxe (Kreativ)
The Velvet Fantastic (Versatile)
The Future is Papier Mâché (Kreativ)
Florence & Millie (Versatile)
So there you have it… I apologize for the delay in getting this out! But know that my readers/followers are the reason I blog. I love your blogs and am truly inspired by your passions and spirited creativity and diversity.
April 22, 2012 § 7 Comments
I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Award!
Sunshine Award rules:
- Include the award’s logo in a post on your blog.
- Answer 1o questions about yourself.
- 10-12 other fabulous bloggers must be nominated.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
I’m hoping I’m not too late in fulfilling my duties! Here goes…
First and foremost… A big, sunny thank you to Richard Guest (www.thefutureispapiermache.wordpress.com) who nominated my blog. It brought me such a feeling of goodness and warmth when I found out. Especially since his blog brings me such sunny warmth too! Thank you. Thank you. :)
Answers to the 10 questions about myself:
- My favourite colour: Purple (I always eat the purple Smarties last!)
- My favourite animal: Dog. Almost any dog will do. :)
- My favourite number: 8
- My favourite drink: Decaf tall non fat cappuccino, please.
- Facebook or Twitter: Twitter. Less drama. More content.
- My passion: Pizza. It’s a problem.
- Prefer giving or getting presents: Getting, of course! ;)
- My favourite pattern: Herringbone.
- My favourite day of the week: Saturday.
- My favourite flower: Tulip.
And for bringing sunshine right to my laptop every day, here are my Nominations for the Sunshine Award:
- Leanova Designs (www.leanovadesigns.wordpress.com)
- As Time Goes Buy (www.astimegoesbuy.wordpress.com)
- Anaslense (www.anaslense.wordpress.com)
- HoverCraftDoggy (www.hovercraftdoggy.wordpress.com)
- Enjoy My Adventure (www.enjoymyadventure.wordpress.com)
- Domestic Diva, MD (www.domesticdivamd.wordpress.com)
- Elena (www.mselenalevontraveling.com)
- Nadia Alzayat (www.thealzblog.com)
- Yasmin Cruz (www.yasmincruz.me)
- AnaLuciaSilva (www.1001scribbles.wordpress.com)
- Into Beautiful Here (www.intobeautifulhere.wordpress.com)
***On a side and personal note: Sunshine may in fact be my nickname… My best friend Nadia calls me this every time she sees me or speaks to me. So to her, I return the favour and wish her a sunny-filled day! Every day. :)
March 15, 2012 § 5 Comments
I may be new to blogging…but boy am I new to this kind of camera! After several online tutorials (thank you FroKnowsPhoto) and a couple of days of wandering around my neighbourhood and just shooting everything in sight… I’m absolutely loving my new Nikon D3100 SLR. I have a whole new vocabulary too… aperture, depth of field, shutter speed, exposure and it goes on. I still have lots to learn, I know. And I think I’ll be investing in a new lens (apart from the one that came with my kit) very, very soon. Prime, perhaps?
I look forward to your feedback! I’m such a fan but need a lot of advice, tips and tricks. So please… help a newbie out. And stay tuned… :)
February 23, 2012 § Leave a comment
So, can you tell I’m new at this blogging thing?
I decided to delete some photos from my WordPress Media Library…thinking I was being organized. How smart am I? Look at me… keeping my Media Library down to only a few images of what I may need in the future. Woot woot for me!
Only to realize those very same images were now missing from the actual blog! Yikes…
So, I’ve had to reload all those images, complete with new captions and new links. This blog is already taking up much of my brain space (clearly, there’s so little of it) and now having to re-do all of this work just about put me back in the ‘Blog? What Blog?’ phase of my life!
But alas… it is complete. Er, I think. (Being a newbie and all, I’m only as good as my last click! Which also means this may be a recurring theme!!)
Newbie Lesson #1 – Stay away from any sort of clickage on or around the words ‘delete permanently’.