October 4, 2012 § Leave a comment
There’s something so pure and direct about Elisa Mazzone‘s illustrations. Yet, there’s so much duality and complexity. I especially love the balance of soft and hard; precision and uncertainty; solid and flat versus translucent and dimensional.
September 21, 2012 § 4 Comments
I absolutely fell in love with these crochet pieces from JungJung! The olives, especially!
How about a series of these on your kitchen wall above your banquet seat… each one pinned to a linen background, shadow-box framed with white, simple frames! They’re so delicate and lovely and intricate. Grouped together en masse. The colours, soft and organic. Sigh…
My mom will love this post… I can just tell. Crochet? And vegetables? Perfection.
Thank you to Florence & Millie for sharing this. I couldn’t help but reiterate. :)
May 6, 2012 § 9 Comments
Would it be strange to book a hotel room in your own city? ‘Staycations’ aside, I’ve always loved hitting the sights just like any newcomer or tourist… but never gone as far as to book a hotel room! This may have to change…
Some of those details include…
- Poliform lacquered walls… (sigh… beautiful)
- Open bookcases as dividers of space… (not a novel idea but one that should be used more often)
- Wood floors imbedded with cowhide inserts… (hello! that’s novel and they seem to be magnetic for some reason)
- Massive floating reception desk… (stunning)
- Contemporary artwork… (Damian Hirst…look him up)
- Excel, the large floor lamp seen throughout… (I want this in my living room right now)