July 1, 2012 § Leave a comment
June 23, 2012 § 12 Comments
You know that point when you realize you’re going on a trip SOON but it’s really, actually, not soon enough? Yes… that’s me these days. Lots to do and no energy to do it because my brain has taken an early leave of absence – without permission!
In anticipation of my travels… I thought I’d look back on my trip to Barcelona earlier this year – one more time – and whet my appetite, relive some memories and help get me through the next few weeks before my vacation!
Snapshots of some of my favourite things:
- Barcelona architecture – all around – it was beautiful!
- Carrer de Ferran – I walked this street between La Rambla and the El Born District a ‘million times’ and loved it each time.
- Ibericus – this boutique butcher shop was located in a shopping mall! The Spanish take their cured meats very seriously and the ‘Cone Of Meat’ was something I’ll never forget.
- Paella – I loved the presentation of this dish as much as the dish itself!
- Plaça Réal – one of the many squares with arched colonnades – great for sitting outdoors and people watching.
June 20, 2012 § 2 Comments
Everyone knows accessories make the outfit.
These are Michael Sodeau’s Anything desk accessories. I especially love the scissors. You?
June 14, 2012 § 7 Comments
Six years of zipping around in my Mini Cooper (I named him Anderson Cooper) is coming to an end. It’s time for a change. Sniff…
I’ll miss the little voice in my head that squeals ‘oh, you’re so cute’ as I approached you each and every time. I’ll miss your seatbelt warning bop, your oval-shaped side and rear view mirrors (again, oh so cute). I’ll miss the changeable interior ‘mood lighting’ (which, admittedly, I changed according to my own mood ALMOST each and every time). I’ll miss parallel parking in teeny, tiny spaces and being the envy of all other normal sized vehicle drivers. I’ll miss our road trips to Montreal and New York and all points in between. Most of all, I’ll miss how everyone else gushes over you and wants to know what you’re like to drive when they see me pull up (I actually loved that!).
Yes… you are a sporty, attractive, little go-carting, wonder machine!
But imagine driving a go-cart everyday for six years!? Yup. It’s time…
Farewell, my dear Andy. May your roads be smoothly paved wherever your new owner takes you!
***UPDATE: I just realized that I’m really going to miss zipping around in my underground garage pretending to be in the movie The Italian Job. Sigh…
June 6, 2012 § 2 Comments
June 6, 2012 § 11 Comments