December 16, 2012 § 8 Comments
What could be more inspiring than Versailles?
And since this is the season for snow and flurries and drifts and flakes that too quickly become slush and drudge and black ice… I thought that maybe I’d keep the fluffy white stuff as beautiful and magical as when it first lays down. Captured beautifully here in these photos, Versailles’ gardens are snow tipped and white capped.
November 18, 2012 § 13 Comments
A day in beautiful Praha!
I’ve always been desperate to visit the Czech Republic’s capital city. So much so that I was starting to worry my expectations would not be met. But low and behold, Prague was so beautiful, so fanciful and so breathtaking… it really did not disappoint! I spent several days wandering the winding streets of Old Town, hiking up to the hilltop Prague Castle and eating street food like never before! Here’s just a glimpse of what I loved…
- Frank Gehry’s Dancing House – the singular ultra modern prototype
- Strolling along the Vitava River – a city with a river running through it means there must be beautiful bridges to cross
- The National Museum – and the start of historic Wenceslas Square
- Church of Our Lady Before Tyn – a landmark in Old Town Square
- Begging for hope in Jewish Town – one of my favourite areas in Prague
- Me having my first klobasa sausage, a slice of bread and that oh so special sauce – i think it was mustard!
- Doughy and delicious trdelnik – wrapped around a giant rolling pin and baked over open coals, coated with sugar! So good.
- A view from Prague Castle overlooking the city of a thousand spires – and the best illuminated buildings in Europe.
October 29, 2012 § 4 Comments
A few Instagram shots from my recent trip to Europe. 5 countries in 9 days! What a whirlwind of airports, trains, architecture, music, language and food! Amsterdam, Prague, Budapest, Vienna and Munich.
Not bad for a last minute trip, don’t you think?
October 24, 2012 § 13 Comments
Praha Hlavní Nadrazní
It’s Prague‘s main train station and one of my favourite shots from my most recent trip. Lots more to come though… so stay tuned.
In the meantime, which do you prefer? Black & White? Colour?
September 7, 2012 § 6 Comments
August 31, 2012 § 2 Comments
I came across these photos and was instantly transported to the ‘City of Light’, Paris. But I never really equate that tagline with Paris. Instead, I remember it being a million shades of brown, cream and slate grey. Robyn Thompson‘s photos are the closest representation of that memory for me. Check out her website… And, if you would like to experience Marrakech, make sure you click on her ‘Travel’ tab. Stunning.
August 24, 2012 § Leave a comment
I don’t remember ever really appreciating the landscape of Portugal as much as I did this summer. Or at least never realizing how diverse it is. Here, some amazing views near Barragem de Santa Luzia, full of valleys and peaks and beaming rays of sunshine! The silence up here was deafening. The light was both clear and fuzzy at the same time. The visible distance only a fraction of what was truly out beyond us. And the realization that we are just a mere speck in the world… each one of us! Sigh… truly a spiritual moment for me.
Oh…and let’s not forget the abundance of pure, fresh air… :)