Roaming: Barcelona Revisited
June 23, 2012 § 12 Comments
You know that point when you realize you’re going on a trip SOON but it’s really, actually, not soon enough? Yes… that’s me these days. Lots to do and no energy to do it because my brain has taken an early leave of absence – without permission!
In anticipation of my travels… I thought I’d look back on my trip to Barcelona earlier this year – one more time – and whet my appetite, relive some memories and help get me through the next few weeks before my vacation!
Snapshots of some of my favourite things:
- Barcelona architecture – all around – it was beautiful!
- Carrer de Ferran – I walked this street between La Rambla and the El Born District a ‘million times’ and loved it each time.
- Ibericus – this boutique butcher shop was located in a shopping mall! The Spanish take their cured meats very seriously and the ‘Cone Of Meat’ was something I’ll never forget.
- Paella – I loved the presentation of this dish as much as the dish itself!
- Plaça Réal – one of the many squares with arched colonnades – great for sitting outdoors and people watching.