Inspired: Gourmet Baroque
May 1, 2012 § 10 Comments
I’m so excited about this place. It’s a collision of sorts… A collision of some of my favourite things: French meets Portuguese; Black meets white; Baroque meets Modern.
Poisson d’Amour is a French pastry shop in an 18th century building in Lisbon… a daunting task in a city filled with some of the best pastry shops in Europe. Have you ever had a pastel de nata??? Crazy good. Anyway… back to the macarons and gateaux! Also crazy good.
Here’s what inspires me…
- large mural of a Baroque Mistress… striking and dramatic – what a welcoming sight!
- black floor and black ceilings… did I mention dramatic?
- Tiger Skin limestone… my new favourite limestone!
- Plumen light bulb fixtures… simple and eco friendly
- old meets new… beautiful arched window openings with new black framed windows
For more on this delicious interior, click here.