Pocket of Space in Portugal
April 3, 2012 § Leave a comment
Here’s what I love about this house, designed by Aires Mateus Architects:
- one level living provides interesting flow from one space to another, public to private.
- all-white envelope where classic pieces of furniture are on display… so furnish wisely!
- irregular shaped building makes for interesting angles and vistas for both interior and exterior, usually at the same time.
- who needs a backyard when you can have a ‘pocket’ of outdoor space!
- kitchen island that doubles as dining room table… REALLY LOVE this actually!
- and yes, that IS the kitchen.
This all white modern interior is a great example of how you DON’T have to be super minimal to still make it work. You just have to be selective about what you place on display. Hide the kitchen. Showcase the CD collection. ;)
I wonder if I can rent this house for a week when I travel to Portugal this summer?? What an experience that would be. That is, if I can find the front door!
For more images, click here.