Wanting: Wishbone Chair
March 21, 2012 § 1 Comment
Iconic design alert: The Hans J. Wegner ‘Wishbone Chair’
Why I want this chair…
- light and airy in feeling
- comes in a variety of finishes and colours
- the frame makes a statement – most definitely
- sculptural as well as comfortable
- suits any decor – trust me on this one!
You’ll recognize it because it’s everywhere these days! This 1950’s design is a masterpiece of craftsmanship with over 100 production steps being carried out by hand! Or at least this is true for the authentic chair. Buyer beware. Here’s a great article on how to distinguish between the real deal and the impostor. Or, just go directly to the souce… Carl Hansen & Son.